Teaching & Learning
The core purpose of the Academy is to provide a high-quality learning experience that motivates our students to learn more, know more and remember more about each subject. We are committed to expanding the horizons of students by giving them the deep knowledge and fluent skills that they need to become responsible citizens who go on to lead happy and successful lives. We believe that our students should become committed to life-long learning, welcome difference and be able to adapt to economic and societal change. High quality teaching focuses on the acquisition of deep subject knowledge and is fundamental to our students becoming great learners, who love to learn more and know more each lesson, each day, each term and each year. We know that whilst learning is designed to challenge and extend our students, it is important for them to experience success and we are committed to ensuring that all students have regular experiences of success throughout their school life. We invest in our teachers through high quality training and support and commit to continuous learning for staff to secure strong teaching in every subject in the Academy.
- For learning to be consistently strong in every subject, in every classroom and for every student
- Instil a love for learning and ensure that all students, especially SEND and disadvantaged students secure the deep knowledge and skills that they need to succeed in life.
- Enable all staff to plan for and deliver lessons where knowledge is deep, skills are fluent and there is a focus on developing a strong sense of culture, justice and equality.
- Agree and establish an agreed set of principles that underpin continuous improvements in the quality of teaching and are based on what we know works through research and practice.
- Provide all staff with developmental opportunities to extend and enhance their classroom practice at every stage, to further impact on student learning and progress.
- Ensure that students are well prepared to navigate through the challenges and many opportunities of life in modern Britain.
- Ensure that the classroom environment is consistently welcoming and conducive to supporting good learning for all students.
The policies downloadable below provide further details on how the academy support and progress the aims outlined above.