Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Teaching & Learning
Harris Academy Orpington provides an exciting, personalised curriculum which supports and challenges all our students. We ensure that all teaching and support staff have access to the highest quality training programmes to provide the most innovative learning opportunities for every student.
The academy aims to:
- Meet the needs and aspirations of all students
- Ensure all students can successfully access the curriculum, making any reasonable adjustments required where particular needs are identified
- Recognise high-achieving students and ensure they are given opportunities to stretch and challenge their learning
- Plan opportunities for students to develop their personal potential
- Establish an agreed range of policies and practices to guarantee there is a consistent approach towards learning and teaching in every classroom
- Involve all staff in developing and improving the quality of learning and teaching
- Provide all staff with developmental opportunities to extend and enhance their range of teaching and repertoires
- Develop staff to deliver skills beyond their own subject specialism and incorporate cross-curricular initiatives, in particular literacy, numeracy, ICT and enterprise
- Identify students’ achievements and areas for improvement through rigorous monitoring of progress and plan appropriate interventions to enhance learning
- Realise the entitlements for learners, teachers and curriculum as promoted by the Student Learning Commission.
The policies downloadable below provide further details on how the academy support and progress the aims outlined above.