Download our FREE smartphone app today!
The curriculum at Harris Academy Orpington comprises a broad and innovative range of learning experiences planned for each student. The curriculum offer, in conjunction with excellent teaching that impacts positively on learning and progress, will enable all our students to actively respond to the opportunities and challenges of a rapidly changing world.
- To encourage the best possible progress and the highest academic achievement for all, by setting suitable learning challenges and fully recognising the diverse learning needs of each of our students.
- To provide rich and varied contexts for students to acquire, develop and apply a broad range of knowledge, understanding and skills, to encourage a love of learning and a desire for lifelong learning.
- To enable all students to develop their creativity and talents to the full, using our Sport and Enterprise specialism across the academy to maximise this potential.
- To personalise our curriculum ensuring it is flexible and appropriate, preparing students for the challenges of a fast-changing world, and their futures as successful citizens in the 21st century.
- To promote students' self-esteem and emotional well-being through our curriculum, offering opportunities for students to develop their knowledge, understanding and appreciation of their own and different beliefs and cultures.