Opportunities & Enrichment
At Harris Orpington Sixth Form, we understand the importance of offering our students as many opportunities as possible to prepare for their next steps in life.
To complement our academic curriculum, there are extensive co-curriculum opportunities throughout the school year to support students’ wellbeing and to improve and diversify their skills.
- On-site gym and training facilities
- Annual trips to universities and the world largest careers fayre ‘Skills London’
- Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme
- Preparation for adult life including finance management, wellbeing and stress management.
- One-to-one university application support with a dedicated careers advisor
- Harris Experience Advanced- a programme for our most able students who are frequently invited to workshops and seminars along with trips to Russell Group universities
- One-week work experience
- Volunteering both within the Academy community and our local community
- A structured PSHE programme
- A dedicated culture slot each week (see sessions that have run below so far this academic year)
- Support for students for specialist supplementary tests such as the BMAT and UKCAT
- Weekly opportunities in a variety of fields sent to students each week for them to apply for. This could be additional work experience, grants to apply for etc
- Student Leadership opportunities - we run several committees including charity and equalities
- Mentoring younger students including peer reading
Sixth Form Culture Sessions
Examples of our culture sessions held so far this year.
- Being an Adult in a School Environment
- Student Leadership
- Study Skills Sessions
- For Jodie
- Discover Programme
- Nestle Mentoring Scheme
- Just Like Us
- Road Safety
- Bromley Sexual Health
- Bold Voices
- Skills London