Welcome to The Harris Orpington Sixth Form.
As part of the Harris Federation, we benefit enormously from the expertise of the central team and opportunities to work alongside the outstanding Harris Federation Sixth Form, of which we are not formally part but from which we benefit.
Our goals are firstly to ensure that all students reach their target destination, whether university or the professional workplace, and secondly that they continue to learn, long after they have moved on.
We are committed to the success of each of our students and aim to deliver:
- Exam success
- Challenge, relevance and engagement
- Appropriate skills for living, work and happiness
- Self-identity and a feeling of self-worth
- Excellent opportunities and experiences
The Sixth Form at Harris Academy Orpington provides students with the opportunity to study in an exciting and rewarding learning environment. We aim to prepare young people for an ever-changing world that values self-confident, well-educated and enterprising people.
The Sixth Form years are the most stimulating and engaging phase of a student’s education. They develop more as learners over these two years than at any point in their education so far. Students will experience more independence in their thinking and learning than ever before, and Harris Academy Orpington will help them to develop these essential skills for the
Why choose Harris Orpington Sixth Form?
- A dedicated sixth form team fully focused on the academic and pastoral support of our students.
- Small classes taught by subject specialists who are superbly supported by the Harris Federation.
- Access to the Harris Experience Plus, offering one-to-one personal statement support and wider learning opportunities for those wishing to apply to Russell Group Universities.
- Multiple dedicated spaces for the sixth form students
- A newly stocked, sixth form reference library.
- A two-week work experience placement.
- Access to the Duke of Edinburgh Award and Extended Project Qualification (EPQ).
- Enrichment opportunities preparing students for the wider world in which they are a part of and to prepare them for their next steps