Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Sixth Form Dress Code 2018-19
You must be smartly dressed at all times, as you would be if working in a smart professional environment. You are role models for the rest of Harris Federation and as such need to be smartly presented at all times.
Male Dress Code
- Formal Business Suit
- Formal shirt and tie
- Formal shoes
Female Dress Code
- Formal Business Suit (skirts must be at least to the knee, no stretchy lycra material allowed)
- Formal Business Dress and jacket
- Formal Blouse or shirt
- Formal shoes
- Formal business jacket will need to be worn
- Girls wishing to wear the Islamic dress should wear a simple silhouette jilbab and a hijab which should not be too colourful. Both garments should not be over embellished.
Jackets may be removed in warm conditions. No outerwear may be worn in classrooms.
Physical Education, Performing Arts and Drama students are expected to conform to the expectations on kit.
Students taking part in PE/ Academy lessons must travel to and from the Academy in their formal wear.
The following are not permitted:
- Brightly coloured suits;
- Casual style dresses such as those with a vest style top, very thin straps and strapless style top;
- Jumpers- with the exception of plain v neck jumpers under the blazer;
- Denim/Jeans trousers, shirts, blouses or skirts;
- Studs on trousers, skirts or shirts/blouses
- Casual trousers – combats, track suits, leggings;
- Casual tops – track suit, fleeces, T-shirts, hooded tops, vest tops;
- Shorts, cropped trousers, tight narrow legged trousers, trousers made of stretchy legging-type material;
- Very short skirts/revealing clothes;
- Trainers, pumps, canvas shoes, Vans, Kicker trainers or leisure shoes/pumps;
- Visible boots
- Patterns or shapes cut into hair or eyebrows and brightly coloured hair – eg: Mohicans or tram lines
- Gloves, hats, caps and bandannas.
- Overly conspicuous jewellery - large earrings, necklaces
- Coloured Shoe Laces
- Clothing made of sheer/transparent materials
Tattoos should not be visible.
Students will be sent home if they do not conform to the Dress Code. Parents/Carers will be contacted on the first occasion a student is required to be sent home in relation to a dress code violation. In the event of any subsequent digression from the dress code, the student will be issued with a Penalty Point and sent home to change, but no contact will be made with the Parent/Carer.
Transgender students may dress consistently in accordance with their gender presentation.
It is beyond the scope of the Policy to provide guidance on every eventuality. In the event of queries, the Principal of Harris Sixth Form (or his/her personal representative), will act as the arbiter. If you fail to comply with these guidelines you will be dealt with in line with the Sixth Form Discipline Structure.
Assistant Principal in charge of Sixth Form